Win a Private Cooking Lesson with Michael Hunter!
PRIVATE COOKING LESSON WITH MICHAEL HUNTER CONTEST
Sponsored by Franchi
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- KEY DATES: The Private Cooking Lesson Contest (“Contest”) consists of (i) a purchase period, starting May 1st, 2023 and ending October 31st, 2023 (the “Purchase Period”); and (ii) a submission period, starting May 1st, 2023 at 12:00 pm ET and ending October 31st, 2023 at 12:00 pm ET (the “Submission Period”). The Purchase Period and Submission Period shall be collectively referred to as the “Contest Period”.
- ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER: To enter and to be eligible to win, the entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (Excludes Quebec Residences) and must have reached the legal age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides at the time of Despite the foregoing, employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are living in the same household, whether related or not, and/or immediate family members) of Stoeger Canada (1990) Ltd. (the “Contest Sponsor” and the “Prize Suppliers”), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are ineligible to enter or win.
- AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY RULES: By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”).
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE There are two (2) ways to enter this Contest and qualify for a chance to win, respectively as follows:
Eligible Purchase Submission: If you: (i) visit a participating retailer and purchase during the Purchase Period, any Franchi Rifle or Shotgun; (ii) during the Submission Period, visit www.FranchiCanada.ca (the “Website”) OR scan the QR code printed on the in-store displays (where available) which will redirect to the Website, and (iii) follow the on-screen instructions on the Website to register your firearm for Warranty. You will require: (a) an Eligible Purchase receipt; (b) a valid email address; and (c) an answer to a mathematical skill-testing question (which you must answer correctly without any mechanical, electronic or other assistance), and any other required information (collectively, an “Eligible Purchase Submission”), you will be eligible to earn one (1) entry for the Contest. Upon receipt and validation of your Eligible Purchase Submission, you will receive an email from the Contest Sponsor confirming your warranty registration and one (1) entry into the contest. To be eligible, your Eligible Purchase receipt is the evidence that you have made an Eligible Purchase during the Purchase Period (including clearly showing the Participating Products purchased, and Eligible Purchase date, time, and Participating Retailer – all other information that is not required by these Rules may be redacted). Upon receipt of your Eligible Purchase Submission in accordance with these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion), one (1) Entry per Eligible Purchase Submission delivered via email at the address provided with your Eligible Purchase Submission. Limit of one (1) Entry per Eligible Purchase Submission.
Eligible No Purchase Submission – Essay Request: To be eligible to earn one (1) Entry into the Contest without making an Eligible Purchase, during the Submission Period submit a no-purchase essay by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Franchi Cooking Lesson Contest, c/o Stoeger Canada (1990) Ltd., 1010 Thornton Road South, Oshawa, Ontario, L1J 7E2 that includes: (a) a minimum of 500 words unique and original essay on “Hunting and Conservation” (an “Essay”); (b) your first name, last name, telephone number, complete mailing address, and age; and (c) your answer to the following mathematical skill-testing question (which you must answer correctly without any mechanical, electronic or other assistance): (12 x 10) ÷ (4 + 2) – 8 (collectively, an “Eligible Essay Submission”). Upon receipt of your Eligible Essay Submission in accordance with these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), you will receive one (1) Entry for the Contest. Limit of one (1) Entry per Eligible Essay Submission. The Contest Parties take no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed Eligible Essay Submissions.
To be eligible, your Eligible Purchase Submission or Eligible Essay Submission (as applicable) (each, a “Submission”) must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Submission Period (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No reproductions permitted. Each Eligible Purchase receipt and Essay may only be submitted once in the Contest, and duplicate submissions of Eligible Purchase receipts & Essays will be disqualified. Submissions become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please retain your original Eligible Purchase receipt, as it may be required to be presented to the Contest Sponsor as part of the verification procedure outlined below.
- ENTRY LIMIT AND CONDITIONS: If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Rules; (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; (iii) falsely enter an Eligible Purchase Submission without obtaining an Eligible Purchase receipt in accordance with these Rules; and/or (iv) make a Submission that has been falsified, manipulated or otherwise altered in any way (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/ she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest The Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, representatives, employees, officers, directors, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or illegible Eligible Purchase receipts, Essays or Submissions (all of which are void). A Submission may be rejected if (at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) it is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Submission Period.
- VERIFICATION: All Entries, Eligible Purchase receipts, Essays, Submissions and any other content, materials or information in any way connected with this Contest (collectively, “Contest-Related Information”) and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Contest-Related Information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- PRIZES: There is a total of 1 Grand prize available to be won (the “Prize”) at the start of the Contest The Grand Prize consists of (i) airfare for 1 to Toronto, Ontario (Flights will be booked from Main/Large Airports only. Flight location varies and may be excluded due to proximity); (ii) One (1) night hotel accommodation;(iii) a Private Cooking Lesson with Michael Hunter at Antler Restaurant & Bar on December 4th, 2023; and (iv) Franchi hat and available Franchi gear provided by Contest Sponsors. Prize odds depend on the number of entry code submissions received.
All Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, or transferred and are not convertible to cash. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right (but for greater certainty, does not have the obligation) to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. All characteristics and features of each Prize, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, are at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The Prize Winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS: After submitting your completed Entry Submission on the Website in accordance with these Rules, you will be automatically entered into the Contest. A random draw from all eligible entries for the Grand Prize will be made by a Sponsor representative between November 1st to 8th, The draw will be at Stoeger Canada (1990) Ltd., 1010 Thornton Road South, Oshawa, Ontario, L1J 7E2, to select potential Prize winners. The odds of winning the Grand Prize in this Contest depend on the total number of valid entries received during the Promotion Period.
- WINNER CONFIRMATION PROCESS: To be declared a potential Prize winner, a selected entrant who is eligible for such Prize will be required to correctly answer unaided (mechanical or otherwise) a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question at a predetermined mutually convenient Following the draw described herein, the selected entrant will be contacted by email. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within three (3) business days of the first email made and after a minimum of two (2) attempts by a Sponsor representative, and if such selected entrant fails to execute and return a declaration and release form within two (2) business days from the date of receipt thereof, or if they do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, their entry will be forfeited and the next selected entrant drawn will be contacted on the third (3rd) day, and such process may be repeated at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
If the potential winner recipient: (a) failed to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to complete the winner confirmation process as set out above; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize). In the event the potential Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate potential winner among the remaining eligible entries through the winner selection process set out above in accordance with these Rules, the exact process to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to these Rules. Any disqualified winner will not receive any alternate prize, substitution or compensation. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entrants or any Contest-Related Information, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
All Contest-Related Information becomes the property of the Contest Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial and municipal laws. The Released Parties shall have no liability and will be released and held harmless from any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation (but subject to the operation of law), personal injury or death to the winner or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize and/or participation in this Contest. Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Contest-Related Information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (v) costs associated with mobile device data use and service; and/or (vi) any combination of the above, and will be released and held harmless from any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to the winner or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize and/or participation in this Contest.
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require the individual(s) claiming to have submitted the Submission to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) that he/she is the individual who completed the corresponding Eligible Purchase, Essay or Entry Code Submission in accordance with these Rules (failing which such individual may be disqualified, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to amend, cancel, withdraw or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure, health risks or any act, regulation, directive or recommendation of any public authority (including, without limitation the Government of Canada, a provincial government, a municipal government, a city council or a public health authority, such as those that may be implemented to mitigate COVID-19 transmission). Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to administer an alternate or additional test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances to address discrimination or disability issues and/or to comply with applicable law. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules or for any other reason.
If due to printing, production, online, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more Prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to these Rules, or in the event that due to such error, a valid Prize claim is revealed, making the number of valid Prize claims greater than the number of Prizes available under these Rules, a random draw will be held after the Contest closes from amongst all eligible Prize claimants to award the remaining number Prizes (as determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole and absolute discretion on the basis of its official records). In no event will the Contest Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of Prizes in these Rules.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Website, point of sale, television, print or online advertising or the French version of these Rules, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
All intellectual property used by the Contest Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, all trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or used under license or with permission, as the case may be) by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that Franchi’s sole and exclusive role in the Contest is that of the Prize Supplier and that is in no way responsible for the administration of the Contest or the selection of winners.
All rights reserved.