*Portion of the proceeds are donated to Women That Hunt www.womenthathunts.com
** Includes a chapter on wine and recipes shared by Mrs Beretta at Lo Sparviere, Beretta’s Winery Estate in Franciacorta Italy.
This book combines a love of food and wine with history, culture, and plenty of personal touch.
We all dream of tasting our way through Burgundy, walking through vineyards in Champagne with a winemaker, or dining late into the night on a winery balcony in Chianti. Who better to guide you than someone whose passion and years in the food and wine industry have led to travels and friendship with winemakers all over the world? Vickie Reh takes us right into the kitchen with winemakers―what do they eat during harvest? What do they drink to celebrate the holidays? Which foods pair best with their wines, and why? How does this vary from region to region?
The Wine Table will discuss basics and essentials in food and wine including meeting your local farmer, stocking your pantry, and how to buy and store wine.
We will then travel with the author through various regions of France and Italy, visiting winemakers in their homes to share their stories, cook with them, and enjoy their recipes. Specialties include:
- Choucroute Garnie from Domaine Weinbach, Alsace, France
- Squab and Penne Pie from Agricole Lo Sparviere, Franciacorta, Italy
- Sole à la Meunière from Domaine Lucien Crochet, Sancerre, France
- Pork Rillettes from Domaine La Grange Tiphaine, Montlouis, France
- Guinea Fowl en Papillote from Champagne Roses de Jeanne, Aube, France
- Pesto Trapanese from Arianna Occhipinti, Sicily, Italy